Here ye, here ye…Fight Back Productions (Girls Fight Back) is looking for some fabulous interns around the nation! Specifically we’re seeking Events Interns in the states of: California, Colorado, Illinois, North Carolina, Oregon, Tennessee and Washington state.
Their main role is to organize and promote Girls Fight Back Second Saturday events. Second Saturdays are free, open to the public, women safety & self-defense seminars held in cities across the nation on every Second Saturday of each month starting in August 2009. Interns will directly assist our professional Speakers who conduct these seminars with a wide variety of tasks, and will also work closely with staff at our headquarters in Colorado.
The ideal Events Intern is mature, responsible, works independently, enjoys networking and has a go-getter mentality. He/She is willing to assist our Speakers in any way requested of them that pertain to all events. He/She believes in our mission, that all women have the right to defend themselves from violence in all forms…and that this education should be available to women regardless of age, race, religion or economic status.
Interns should be pursuing a college degree in the subject areas of: women’s studies, advocacy, business, non-profits, journalism, marketing, publicity, communications, advertising, fundraising, graphic design, web design or education. Other majors may also apply. Interns must receive college credit, and are not paid.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Determining a suitable Sponsor (non profit organization) for each monthly event
• Secure a venue for Second Saturdays – gyms, auditoriums, libraries
• Web publicity via Facebook, MySpace, the GFB website, etc.
• Promote the event in the community via posters, flyers and networking events
• Serve as Assistant to Speaker before, during and after the event
• Assist in videotaping all events
• Facilitate donations, raffle, distributing literature and merchandise sales
• Be a friendly and welcoming face to all who attend the events
To apply, please e-mail your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications to email@example.com. We are looking to fill these positions immediately. No phone calls please.